Summary of Notice of Privacy Practices (Effective 06/28/2004)
This notice describes how information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
ClinicalConnection, Inc.’s Legal Duty
ClinicalConnection, Inc., is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information, to provide individuals with a notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information, and to abide by the terms of this information practices that are described in this Notice of Privacy Practices ("Notice"). This Notice will be provided to our patients/users no later than the date of first contact, including electronic contact. We will post this notice in a clear and prominent location where it will be available for you to read.
Your Health Information Rights
Although your health record is the physical and electronic property of ClinicalConnection, Inc., the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your health information as provided by 45 CFR 164.522;
- request and keep a copy of this notice of privacy practices upon your request, and inspect and obtain a copy of your health record as provided for in 45 CFR 164.524;
- amend your health record as provided in 45 CFR 164.528;
- obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided in 45 CFR 164.528;
- request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations;
- revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.
ClinicalConnection, Inc.’s Responsibilities and Our Pledge to You
ClinicalConnection, Inc. is required by law to:
- maintain the privacy of your health information;
- provide you with a notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you;
- abide by the terms of this notice;
- notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction;
- accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or alternative locations.
We will not use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described in this notice.
For More Information or to Report a Problem
If you have questions, complains, or would like additional information, you may contact ClinicalConnection, Inc.’s Compliance Office at 750 NE 64th Street Suite B415 Miami, FL 33138. All complaints must be submitted in writing. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated you can file a complaint with the Secretary of Health and Human Services. There will be no retaliation for filing a complaint.
How We Will Use and Disclose Health Information About You
- We will use your health information to determine eligibility for clinical trials.
- We will use your health information to find clinical trials that you may be eligible for.
- We will use your health information with Business Associates to communicate eligibility for clinical trials.
- We will use your health information to make necessary notifications.
- We may use your health information with Business Associates under other certain circumstances.
- We may use your health information for treatment purposes.
- We may use your health information to recommend treatment alternatives.
- We may use your health information research under certain circumstances.
- We may use your health information in marketing functions under certain circumstances.
- We may use your health information with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under certain circumstances.
- We may use your health information in working with certain public health agencies under certain circumstances.
- We may use your health information in working with law enforcement agencies under certain circumstances.
- We may use your health information in working with military and veterans agencies under certain circumstances.
- We may use your health information in connection with lawsuits and disputes under certain circumstances.
- We may use your health information in relation to certain national security and intelligence activities under certain circumstances.
You Have the Following Rights Regarding Health Information We Maintain About You:
- right to inspect and copy;
- right to amend;
- right to an accounting of disclosures;
- right to request restrictions;
- right to request confidential communication;
- right to a paper copy of this notice.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to change this notice at any time. We reserve the right to make the revised or changed notice effective for health information we already have about you as well as any information we receive in the future. We will post this notice on our website in a prominent location where it must be viewed by new patients/users and is accessible to anyone visiting the site. The notice will contain on the first page, directly under the title, the "Effective Date". In addition, each time you access the site or your personal data we will make available to you a copy of the current notice in effect.
Should we revise this notice because of a material change to the uses or disclosures of protected health information, to individual’s rights, to our legal duties, or to other privacy practices stated in the notice, we will promptly revise and make available the new notice. Except when required by law, a material change in any term of the notice may not be implemented prior to the Effective Date of the notice in which such material change is reflected. Pursuant to the HIPAA privacy regulations, we will document compliance with the notice requirements by retaining copies of all notices issued.
Other Uses of Health Information
Other uses and disclosures of health information not covered by this notice of the laws that apply to us will be made only with your written authorization. You may request in writing that we not use or disclose your information for treatment, payment and administrative purposes except when specifically authorized by you, when required by law, or in emergency circumstances. We will consider your request but are not legally required to accept it. If you provide us authorization to use or disclose health information about you, you may revoke that authorization, in writing, at any time. If you revoke your authorization, we will no longer use or disclose health information about you for the reasons covered by your written authorization. You understand that we are unable to take back any disclosures we have already made with your authorization, and that we are required to retain our records of the care we provided to you.