Salt Lake City,
The study is designed to evaluate the effects of the proprietary nutritional supplement on
cognition, mood, and brain imaging parameters following a relatively short period of
- Both male and female subjects will be included.
- Age between 40-60 years inclusive.
- Healthy subjects who, in the opinion of the investigator, are free of any medical
conditions that might affect study measures.
- Eats 1 or fewer servings of fatty fish per week.
- BMI < 35
- Current or past neurological illness.
- Substance abuse or dependence within the prior 60 days.
- Current depression (HAMD greater than 20) or anxiety disorder (HAMA greater than 18).
- Current or past history of psychiatric disorder.
- History of head trauma with loss of consciousness.
- Contraindication to brain MRI examination.
- Supplementation with Omega 3, fish oil, or other over the counter supplements
including the other bioactive ingredients in the proprietary nutritional supplement,
antioxidants and multi-vitamin mineral supplements for the previous 3 months.
- Plasma Omega3 Index >5% at screening visit.
- Subject has a known allergy or intolerance to any of the ingredients contained in the
proprietary nutritional supplement or placebo.
- Subject is currently pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or is breastfeeding.