The purpose of this study is to evaluate the tear film evaporation of symptomatic soft
contact lens wearers in the absence of contact lens wear and after at least 8 hours of
contact lens wear.
This study will consist of 5 visits (1 screening, 4 assessment) with a maximum of 6 days
between assessment visits with at least 24 hours of no lens wear the day prior to the visit.
Each subject will be randomized to wear 3 different study lenses for at least 8 hours each
and one 8 hour day of no lens wear in a specific sequence. This study will be conducted in
- Sign an informed consent document;
- Adapted, current soft contact lens wearer;
- Symptoms of contact lens discomfort as defined by the Symptomatology (Eligibility)
- Can be successfully fitted with study lenses;
- Willing to wear lenses for a minimum of 8 hours prior to each study visit;
- Willing to discontinue artificial tears and rewetting drops usage on the days of
- Other protocol-specified inclusion criteria may apply.
- Ocular anterior segment infection, inflammation, abnormality, or active disease that
would contraindicate contact lens wear;
- Use of systemic or ocular medications for which contact lens wear could be
contraindicated as determined by the investigator;
- Monocular (only 1 eye with functional vision) or fit with only one lens;
- History of herpetic keratitis, ocular surgery, or irregular cornea;
- Known pregnancy and lactation;
- Other protocol-specified exclusion criteria may apply.