This study aims to develop educational tools and platforms to promote the transfer of sleep
health information to blacks to foster adoption of healthful sleep practices.
- self-reported race/ethnicity as African American, African, Caribbean American or black
men and women; ages ≥18 years;
- accessible by telephone; no plans to move away from the region within the year
- consent to participate, which includes permission to release medical record
- documented OSA risk based on scores received from the Apnea Risk Evaluation System
- progressive medical illness in which disability or death is expected within one year;
- impaired cognitive or functional ability which would preclude meaningful participation
in the study;
- sleep apnea diagnosis;
- stated intention to move within the same year of enrollment.