The purpose of this study is to demonstrate that the Centurion® Vision System used with the
45° Balanced Tip will result in less Cumulative Dissipated Energy (CDE) than the lnfiniti®
Vision System used with the 45° Mini-Flared Kelman (MFK) tip during cataract extraction
surgery via phacoemulsification of cataract grades NII- NIV [Lens opacities classification
system II (LOCSII)].
- Willing and able to consent for participation;
- Willing and able to attend postoperative examinations per protocol schedule;
- Cataract in at least one eye with a Nuclear Opalescence of II-IV (via LOCSII) followed
by posterior chamber intraocular lens (IOL) implantation;
- Other protocol-specified inclusion criteria may apply.
- Planned multiple procedures, including Laser Phaco, LASIK, LRI's etc. during surgery
or the course of this study;
- Severe conditions of acute or chronic diseases or illnesses that would increase the
operative risk or confound the result of this investigation;
- Untreated or uncontrolled Glaucoma;
- Previous intraocular or corneal surgery of any kind, including any type of surgery for
either refractive or therapeutic purposes;
- Poorly dilating pupil or other pupil defect;
- Current or previous use of an alpha-1-selective adrenoceptor blocking agent or
antagonist of alpha 1A adrenoceptor (eg, Flomax®, Hyntrin®, or Cardura®);
- Severe retinal disorders;
- Corneal disease or retinal detachment;
- Other protocol-specified exclusion criteria may apply.