The investigators are testing treatment with low-dose naltrexone (LDN) for symptom relief of
complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS). Study participants will be randomly assigned to
receive either LDN or placebo for a period of several weeks. During this period participants
will be asked to come to several visits, which will include sensory testing, physical
assessments, and questionnaires.
- Upper and/or lower extremity CRPS
- On stable treatment for 3 months
- CRPS for at least 1 year
- Meet the Budapest criteria for CRPS at time of the study.
- Any known allergy to naltrexone or naloxone
- Use of prescription opioid analgesics or illegal opioid use
- Current of planned pregnancy.