The purpose of the proposed project is to pilot-test in the clinic setting a computer-based
clinical decision support system (CDSS) designed to optimize medication prescribing for
older persons with multiple chronic conditions and polypharmacy.
- Veterans age 65 years and older.
- Patients should be diagnosed with diabetes and hypertension and be prescribed five or
- Patients receiving primary care at the West Haven campus of VA Connecticut Healthcare
- Unable to manage own medications because of cognitive impairment.
- Medications prescribed by physician outside of the VA.
- Severe vision or hearing impairment.