In order to determine the acceptability of a breast cancer-specific cognitive behavioral
therapy intervention, as well as to obtain preliminary data to assess efficacy in managing
symptoms, the investigators will ask 45 breast cancer survivors with moderate insomnia,
fatigue, and/or pain to use the investigators' internet-based intervention for 8 weeks and
to complete patient-reported outcomes assessments before and after the 8 week intervention.
- Stage 0-III invasive carcinoma of the breast
- Surgical resection and axillary assessment, radiation therapy, and/or chemotherapy,
as indicated, completed at least 3 months prior to enrollment.
- Concomitant trastuzumab and anti-endocrine therapies are permitted. If taking
anti-endocrine therapy must have been taking for at least 3 months prior to
- Must report at least one of the following:
1. Fatigue in the week prior to enrollment at least 4 on a 10 point scale (with 0 =
not tired at all and 10 = extremely tired)
2. Insomnia in the week prior to enrollment
3. Pain in the week prior to enrollment at least 4 on a 10 point scale (with 0 = no
pain and 10 = extremely severe pain)
- Has access to and is able to operate a computer with internet access.
- Able to read and understand English.
- Willing and able to sign an informed consent document.
- Diagnosis of sleep apnea or restless leg syndrome that is currently interfering with