This is a prospective study to analyze the outcome of provisional main vessel stenting on
side branch by utilizing Two-Dimensional (2D) and Three-Dimensional (3D) frequency domain
optical coherence tomography (FD-OCT). To analyze the fate of side-branch after provisional
main vessel stenting based on morphology defined prior to PCI by OCT. Offline analysis of
side branch impingement of the ostium of SB leading to acute loss in SB diameter area,
carina shift and plaque shift will be also be performed.
Patients with stable coronary artery disease with angiographic main vessel lesion not
involving side branch (SB) in whom provisional stenting strategy is planned will be
recruited. All the participants of the registry will receive same stent. OCT will be
performed to analyze plaque morphology, SB size, SB angle and side branch ostial
- Over 18 years of age presenting with stable coronary artery disease.
- Angiographic lesion not involving side branch (SB) in whom provisional main vessel
stenting strategy is planned after reviewing angiogram will be recruited
- Patient with lesion involving side branch ( >70 %) by angiogram and need
- Patients with ostial left main artery lesions or ostial right coronary artery lesions
- Female patients with child bearing potential not taking adequate contraceptives or
- Known allergy to acetylsalicylic acid or clopidogrel.
- Planned surgery within 12 months.
- History of bleeding diathesis
- Major surgery within 15 days
- Life expectancy < 12 months.
- Patients with kidney dysfunction (CrCl<30)