The goals of this study are to evaluate the efficacy of the B-flow capability on the LOGIQ
E9 system in three clinical focus areas.
1. Liver transplant patients: Improved real-time visualization of liver vessels is needed
to improve diagnosis and assessment following stenting or angioplasty.
2. Renal artery disease: Improved real-time visualization of the renal arteries would
enable a more rapid and accurate assessment of renal artery disease (stenosis,
dissection, occlusion, aneurysm) and facilitate follow-up evaluations after renal
3. Pregnancy: We are proposing to use B-flow ultrasound as a way to evaluate placenta
perfusion and assay for potential ischemia.
Subjects must be referred for a standard clinical ultrasound exam.
- Patients who have had a Liver Transplant and are referred for a liver ultrasound or
angioplasty & stent placement;
- Patients with hypertension, impaired renal function, or renal artery disease who are
referred for a renal ultrasound or angioplasty & stent placement;
- Pregnant women referred for an obstetrical ultrasound to evaluate a normal pregnancy
for example to determine gestation or gestational age;
- Pregnant women referred for an obstetrical ultrasound to evaluate a high risk
pregnancy due to a medical condition present before or during pregnancy for either
the mother or the baby.
- Unable to understand the nature of the study or to consent;
- Very sick or experiencing significant pain;
- Undergoing an emergency ultrasound;
- Pregnant and undergoing an ultrasound to evaluate suspected congenital malformation,
abruptio placenta or fetal death.