Transition from tacrolimus based triple therapy with Mycophenolate Mofetil (MMF) and
steroids in stable renal transplant patients to low intensity tacrolimus, everolimus and
prednisone will be associated with improvement in Glomular Filtration Rate (GFR) and
1. At least 18 years of age and able to give informed consent.
2. Received a first or repeat cadaveric (including ECD) or living donor renal
3. Patient has stable graft function, defined as no change of greater than 40% of
baseline serum creatinine and no acute rejection during the past month.
4. Currently receiving tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil and prednisone as their
1. Biopsy proven acute rejection episode that occurred within the past month.
2. Malignancy within the past 3 years, except for non-melanoma skin cancer.
3. Currently enrolled in an investigational drug trial.
4. Woman of child bearing potential not utilizing an effective form of birth control.
5. Patients with uncontrolled dyslipidemia, defined at serum fasting LDL >200 mg/dL or
serum fasting triglycerides >500 mg/dL.
6. Patients with a spot urine protein to creatinine ratio of > 800 mg of protein per
gram of creatinine.
7. WBC < 2,000 cells/mm3
8. Platelets < 75,000 cells/mm3
9. Patients who have received an organ transplant other than a kidney.
10. Patients with a history of biopsy proven FSGS, MPGN, or PGN.