This is a prospective study through the NF clinic at Massachusetts General Hospital that
will examine the relationship between psychosocial factors, health literacy, and
satisfaction with the medical visit in adults with NF1, NF2, and Schwannomatosis. A total of
89 participants will be enrolled in the study.
1. Age 18 or older
2. Can read and speak English at or above the 6th grade level
3. Diagnosis of neurofibromatosis type 1, neurofibromatosis type 2, or schwannomatosis
1. Severe active or untreated major mental illness that would interfere with study
participation, to be determined at the discretion of the study investigator (e.g.
untreated psychosis or suicidality)
2. Unable or unwilling to participate
3. Unable or unwilling to complete psychological assessments online via the REDCap or
Assessment Center systems.