The purpose of this study is to determine how best to monitor for flares in patients with
rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
This project is aimed at developing an improved multilevel care process model for the
management of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) disease activity by implementing systematic
self-monitoring of flare experiences by RA patients, combined with continuous
patient-tailored adjustments of treatment modalities by a coordinated team of rheumatology
health care providers (RHCPs).
- Patient must be ≥ 18 years of age.
- Patient must have been seen by a rheumatology health care provider at least two times
within the last 18 months at Mayo Clinic Rochester.
- Patient must have rheumatoid arthritis (RA) according to the 2010 ACR/EULAR
- Patient must have the ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written
informed consent document.
- Patient must be willing to return to Mayo Clinic Rochester for follow-up appointments
and fill out questionnaires as outlined in the study.