The purpose of the Fibroid Registry is to provide a comprehensive database that captures
patient characteristics, clinical outcomes and pot-treatment quality of life measures for
patients treated for uterine fibroids. This database will serve as a platform for future
comparative effectiveness and other health services research studies.
The proposed research will be a prospective registry study of patients treated for uterine
fibroids at the Fibroid Center located at South Miami Hospitals Center for Women and
Our objective is to establish the Fibroid Registry:
- To collect and review short, middle and long term clinical outcomes data that will help
inform and facilitate the decision making process of clinicians and patients on the
safest and most effective treatment for symptomatic uterine myomas, leiomyomas, or
- To be able to critically evaluate the quality of procedures being performed and to
ultimately establish a gold standard of care based upon patient and clinical outcomes
- To ultimately establish a gold standard of care based upon clinical outcomes and
1. Patients seeking treatment for uterine myomas, leiomyomas, or fibromas.
2. Patients between the ages of 18-89.
3. Patients that agree to participate and sign consent.
1)Patients that decline to participate and/or are younger than 18 or older than 89.