This study evaluates the therapeutic effect of Oasis® Matrix along with Negative Pressure
Wound Therapy (NPWT) on pressure wounds. Either Oasis or standard foam will be applied to the
wound prior to activating the NPWT.
In this study, patients being treated with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) will be
randomized to receive either:
1. Oasis® matrix, applied to the wound, OR
2. Standard foam, applied to the wound prior to activation of NPWT.
Wounds will be examined weekly for up to 12 weeks. At weeks 4, 8, and 12, the NPWT evacuation
canister will be collected for specimen analysis.
The aim of this study is to determine the therapeutic effect of using Oasis® Wound Matrix
with NPWT. Outcomes include: a) closure rate of non-healing wounds, and b) levels of growth
factors and interleukins in fluid evacuated from the wound.
- Adults aged 18-89 who exhibit stage III or IV trunk pressure wounds with no signs of
- HbA1C < 8 (if patient is diabetic)
- Adequate nutrition including albumin above 2.0 and prealbumin above 15.
- Wounds that cannot have a NPWT device properly applied due to location (too close to
anus), diarrhea, periwound skin issues.
- Patients with Infected wounds.