To use the Nautilus BrainPulse to compare and contrast the signal patterns from this
cohort's signal patterns with those of concussed high school athletes.
This study is a non-blinded study in high school athletes who will be presumed to no be
suffering from a concussion. Healthy controls will be recruited from high school sports that
are not associated with physical contact, which could generate concussions.
The primary objective of this study is to improve Jan Medical's signal analysis. Jan Medical
will perform analysis.
- Male and female between 14 and 19 years of age
- Participating in non-contact sport at the Freshman, JV, and varsity level in a Bay
Area High School
- Able to provide signed informed consent or have a legally authorized representative
willing to provide informed consent on the subject's behalf
- History, if any, of concussion or stroke
- History, if any, of alcohol or drug abuse
- History, if any, of mental disorder or cerebrovascular disorder
- Pregnant women
- Failure to comply with recording schedule
- Not suitable for participation in the study in the opinion of the PI
- Have suffered a concussion during the study
- Plays a contact sport (ex- football, lacrosse, basketball, soccer, ice hockey,
- Related to a Jan Medical employee