The primary objective of this study is to assess the efficacy and safety of 2 concentrations
of RX-10045 ophthalmic solution, 0.05% and 0.1%, compared to placebo for the treatment of
ocular inflammation and pain in subjects undergoing cataract surgery.
- Unilateral cataract surgery (phacoemulsification or extracapsular extraction) with
posterior chamber intraocular lens implantation in the capsular bag.
- Any additional surgical procedures at the time of the cataract surgery
- Refractive surgery in the study eye within the past 2 years
- History or presence of noninfectious inflammatory ocular disease (e.g., episcleritis,
scleritis, uveitis) in either eye
- Intraocular pressure of > 21 mm Hg in either eye
- Proliferative or severe nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy in either eye
- Neovascular/wet age-related macular degeneration in either eye