The primary objective of this study is to compare the efficacy of ice pack to topical
eutectic mixture of local anesthesia (EMLA) for pain control in diode 810 nm laser axillary
This study is a pilot study designed to determine feasibility of these procedures.
1. Subjects are Caucasian or Asian females.
2. Subjects are 18-65 years old.
3. Subjects have Fitzpatrick skin type I-III and coarse dark axillary hair.
4. Subjects are in good health.
5. Subjects can provide informed consent.
6. Subjects have the willingness and the ability to understand and communicate with the
1. Subjects who are allergic to lidocaine or prilocaine.
2. History of methemoglobinemia.
3. History of recurrent petechial or purpuric lesions.
4. Bleeding tendency or coagulopathy.
5. History of laser treatment in axilla.
6. History of keloid or hypertrophic scarring.
7. Pregnant or lactating or intends to become pregnant in the next 3 months.
8. Active skin disease or skin infection in the treatment area.
9. Subjects with known mental illness or other psychological conditions, such as
psychotic disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders and cognitive disorders.
10. History of cold urticaria.
11. History of current injury or abnormal skin sensation.
12. Unable to understand the protocol or to give informed consent.
13. Any other condition that would, in the professional opinion of the investigator,
potentially affect response or participation in the clinical clinical study, or would
pose as an unacceptable risk to subject.