The purpose of this study is to determine how well changes can be determined in malignant
masses from ultrasound scans.
To evaluate the proportions of correct diagnosis of response to breast Cancer therapies for
localized breast cancer by ultrasound. To develop a model based on patient characteristics,
physical exam, and radiologic studies which will predict the possibility that a patient has
had a complete pathological response to chemotherapy neoadjuvant therapy.
- Newly diagnosed breast cancer prior to receiving breast cancer therapy.
- Diagnosis of breast cancer must be confirmed by fine needle aspiration or core
- Poorly controlled diabetes.
- Contralateral mastectomy prior to neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Not a surgical candidate.
- No previous axillary lymph node dissection.