The aim of this trial is to demonstrate bioequivalence of Wosulin R to Actrapid with regard
to its total and to its maximum serum insulin concentrations.
The purpose of this study is the comparative evaluation of the Pharmacodynamics and
Pharmacokinetics of two recombinant regular human insulin injections administered
intravenously in healthy volunteers under the conditions of euglycemic clamp.
1. Healthy male or female subject
2. Age between 18 and 45 years (both inclusive)
3. Considered generally healthy upon completion of medical history, physical examination
and biochemical investigations as judged by the Investigator.
4. Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18.0 and 35.0 kg/m2 (both inclusive)
5. Non-smoker, defined as no nicotine consumption for at least one year.
6. Signed and dated informed consent obtained before any trial-related activities.
1. Previous participation in this trial or other clinical trials within the last 3
2. Pregnant, breast-feeding or intention of becoming pregnant or not using adequate
3. Clinically significant abnormal hematology or biochemistry screening tests, as judged
by the Investigator.
4. Any serious systemic infectious disease during the four weeks prior to the first dose
of test drug, as judged by the Investigator.
5. History of any illness that, in the opinion of the Investigator, might confound the
results of the trial or pose risk in administering the trial drug to the subject. In
particular, subjects with significant cardiovascular disease, anemia (below the lower
limit of normal) or hemoglobinopathy will not be allowed to enter the trial.
6. History of alcohol or drug abuse within the past 5 years and/or any positive test for
drugs of abuse at screening.
7. Positive test for hepatitis B or C or HIV positive at screening or in the past.
8. Use of prescription drugs within 3 weeks preceding the first dosing of insulin,
except for oral contraceptives/hormonal implants.
9. Use of any insulin product in the past.
10. Use of non-prescription drugs, except routine vitamins, within 2 weeks prior to the
first dose of the test drug. Occasional use of acetaminophen will be permitted.
11. Blood donation of more than 500 mL (or considerable blood loss) within the last 12
12. History of multiple and/or severe allergies to drugs or foods or a history of severe
13. Known or suspected allergy to trial products or related products.
14. Mental incapacity, unwillingness or language barriers precluding adequate
understanding or co-operation.