The purpose of this study is :
1. To assess the ALS patient's satisfaction related to a hospital stay on the neurology
floor of Hahnemann Hospital.
2. To compare the reported satisfaction of those individuals who stayed in a standard
hospital room with those who stayed in Room 1455. Room 1455 is a room specifically set
up with assistive technology related to environmental controls for individuals with
3. To look at frequency of use of the various pieces of adaptive equipment.
- In-patients with probable or definite ALS, ages 18 - 90, staying on the neurology
floor of Hahnemann Hospital
- In-patients who do not meet the criteria of the diagnosis of ALS.