The purpose of this study is to determine whether a modified behavioral treatment for weight
loss that includes one-on-one treatment for individuals struggling to lose weight is
associated with more weight loss than a standard behavioral treatment.
- BMI between 27 and 45 kg/m2
- participating in a weight loss program or taking a weight loss medication
- currently pregnant, lactating, or less than 6-months post-partum or plan to become
pregnant during the time of the intervention.
- report a heart condition, chest pain during periods of activity or rest, or loss of
- report conditions that would render the participant unlikely to follow the study
protocol (e.g., terminal illness, relocation, substance abuse, sever psychiatric