The purpose of this study is to determine whether the Smoke-Break nicotine delivery device
can help smokers quit smoking, while avoiding many of the side effects associated with other
smoking cessation products.
The study has been completed and published. The published study manuscript can be found
- Volunteer is at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteer currently smokes cigarettes, cigars or other forms of tobacco products for
at least one year.
- Volunteer wants to quit smoking.
- Volunteer will be fully informed as to the nature of the study.
- Volunteer will have no known allergy to any product ingredients as listed in the
- Volunteer agrees to a confidential pretest questionnaire and periodic monitoring as
to the effectiveness of the smoking cessation regimen.
- Volunteers are not currently using another nicotine replacement therapy.
- Volunteer will agree to use birth control measures while on the study.
- Volunteer has a known allergy or hypersensitivity to nicotine or other related
ingredients as outlined in the informed consent.
- Volunteer does not desire to quit smoking.
- Volunteer is using another nicotine replacement therapy.
- Volunteer is pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Volunteer has a history of heart disease or advanced diabetes.
- Volunteer indicates on the application that they smoke ten (10) or fewer cigarettes
- Volunteer is using a daily prescription medicine for depression or asthma.
- Volunteer is using a non-nicotine smoke cessation drug, such as Zyban or Chantix.
- Volunteer is an employee of Smoke-Break Inc., or is personally known to an employee
of Smoke-Break Inc.