This project will test the efficacy of a behavioral intervention to reduce sexual risk for
HIV infection among African American Men who Have Sex with Men (MSM).
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Self-identify as African American
- Understand and read English;
- Live within the Chicago area;
- Report at least two (male or female) sex partners in the past three months, and
unprotected anal sex with at least one male sex partner in the past three months.
- Have been diagnosed with HIV within the past three months (to allow for psychological
and behavioral adjustment following an initial HIV diagnosis);
- Have a specific plan to move from the Chicago area within the next nine months;
- Report active injection drug use other than hormones or steroids.
- Participated in the intervention video or the pilot phase of this study.