Observe the changes of tear volume in dry eye patients after Restasis treatment of 3 months
and during 6-month follow-up after discontinuation of study treatment.
Using an imaging device name optical coherence tomography to image the tear volume in dry
eye patients before and after Restasis treatment.
The participant will be eligible for entry in the study if s/he:
1. Is at least 18 years old and has full legal capacity to volunteer;
2. Has read and signed the IRB Informed Consent Document;
3. Is willing and able to follow participant instructions;
4. Has clear corneas;
5. Has 20/100 uncorrected visual acuity or better;
6. Has dry eye according to the study definition of DES (study subjects);
7. Has not use Restasis within 3 months.
The subjects will ineligible for entry into the study if s/he:
1. Has any systemic disease affecting ocular health except for Sjögren's syndrome;
2. Is using any systemic or topical medications that will affect ocular health except
for artificial tears;
3. Has an active ocular disease other than DES, or Sjögren's syndrome
4. Has any clinically significant lid or conjunctival abnormalities, neovascularization,
corneal scars or corneal opacities;
5. Has limbal or bulbar injection or corneal staining that was clinically significant,
which are not due to DES;
6. Has worn rigid gas permeable lenses within 1 year and during the study;
7. Has had surgery or an eye injury within 6 months;
8. Was a soft contact lens wearer within 2 weeks and during the study.