To compare the efficacy of twice-daily topical bromfenac (Xibrom) ophthalmic solution alone
versus twice-daily topical Xibrom with prednisolone acetate 1% three-times daily on visual
acuity and OCT measurements.
- Male or female at least 18 years of age.
- Expectation of 20/25 best corrected visual acuity (BCVA) post-operatively.
- Patients should be in good general health and devoid of recognized risk factors
- Patients with systemic diseases are eligible only if there were no ocular
manifestations of the disease (specifically diabetics without retinopathy)
- Patients must be likely to provide informed consent, take study medications as
directed, and complete all study visits
- Only one eye of each treated patient may be included in the study
- Any known contraindications to any study medication or their component
- Presence of uncontrolled systemic disease
- Required use of other ocular medications during the study
o Artificial tears may be used
- Diabetics with any clinically evident or history of retinopathy
- Individuals with age-related macular changes, epi-retinal membranes, other
retino-vascular diseases and/or other macular disorders thought to have a less than
20/25 surgical outcome expectation
- Abnormal pre-operative OCT (if obtainable)