The purpose of this study will be to assess whether forced air warming decreases the rate of
surgical site infections following cesarean section.
Given the physiologic and experimental evidence regarding temperature regulation; it remains
convincing that forced air warming is protective against the development of SSI. We will
set out to prospectively study the effect of forced air warming on patients undergoing
- Adult (≥ 18 years old) female subjects who will undergo cesarean delivery regardless
- Subjects who have signed an informed consent document indicating that they understand
the purpose of and procedures required for the study and are willing to participate
in the study.
- Patients scheduled to receive prophylactic antibiotic therapy.
- Patients who are undergoing a true emergent cesarean section that does not allow
placement of the warming devices.
- Patients undergoing general anesthesia.