The purpose of this project is to determine the acceptability, feasibility, and the
preliminary efficacy of an HIV prevention behavioral intervention (Proyecto SOL) to reduce
behaviors associated with HIV acquisition among Hispanic men who have sex with men (HMSM).
The primary goal of the intervention is to motivate and assist participants in forming and
carrying out a "Safer Options for Life" plan, thereby reducing their risk of HIV acquisition
- self-identify as Hispanic or Latino;
- be between 18 and 49 years of age;
- be a resident of South Florida (Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach counties) and not
planning to move out of the area for the next 9 months;
- self-identify as male;
- have had at least one episode of unprotected anal sex with a man in the preceding 3
- have had 2 or more male sex partners in the preceding 3 months;
- be HIV negative or of unknown serostatus;
- speak English and/or Spanish;
- provide informed consent.
- have previously participated in any Phase of this study;
- self-identify as transgender;
- not being a resident of South Florida.