The purpose of this study is to determine if a reduced intensity (RI) (non-myeloablative)
chemoimmunotherapy followed by Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation AlloSCT (matched family
donors and matched unrelated cord blood donors) will be well tolerated.
This is to test whether a reduced intensity will result in a high degree of mixed or
complete donor chimerism and stabilization of autoimmune disease in a select group of
patients with medically refractory SLE or SSc.
- Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis and variants as per ACR criteria
- Medically refractory disease
- Adequate Organ Function - Pulmonary function
- Renal function, Cardiac function defined as:
- SGOT (AST) or SGPT (ALT) <5 x upper limit of normal
- Diagnosis of SLE - Medically refractory disease
- Karnofsky/Lansky <60%