Participants completing training in intensive meditation and continuing frequent practice
for one year would experience reduced frequency, duration and severity of headaches along
with improved awareness of the triggers of their symptoms, improved quality of life and
mental health, improved heart rate variability, and reduced inflammation.
- Chronic Daily Headache, defined as a headache at least 15 days of the month, of which
at least 8 are migraines.
- Severe depression, anxiety, panic attacks, psychosis or dementia that may interfere
with ability to participate in a 10 day course
- Active alcoholism on screening or use of illicit drugs within the last 3 months
- Already completed a 10 day course
- Actively involved in another form of meditation over the past 6 months
- Women who are pregnant, planning pregnancy during trial period, or lactating.