The primary aim of this study is to investigate if AZD1940 can relieve the pain induced by
the surgical removal of one lower wisdom-tooth. This will be done by comparing the effect of
AZD1940 to placebo ("inactive substance") on pain. A number of patients will instead receive
the common painkiller naproxen for comparison purposes. Rescue medication, acetaminophen,
will be allowed if a need for additional painkillers would arise. A number of patients will
receive Naproxen as control.
- Patients scheduled for surgical removal of one partial or complete impacted
mandibular third molar.
- Provision of signed informed consent.
- Healthy males or non-fertile females.
- History of somatic disease/condition, which may interfere with the objectives of the
study, as judged by the investigator.
- History of previous or ongoing psychiatric disease/condition including psychosis,
affective disorder, anxiety disorder, borderline state and personality disorder
according to the criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental
Disorder, 4th edition.
Lynn Webster, MD
Lifetree Clinical Research3838 South, 700 East, Suite 202Salt Lake City, Utah 84106, USA