An open-label study to determine the efficacy and safety of Rasburicase used for the
prevention and treatment of tumor lysis syndrome
- Chemotherapy planned for at least 3 cycles
- Undergoing cytoreductive chemotherapy for ALL, multiple myeloma or Burkitt's lymphoma
stage III or IV
- With a minimum life expectancy of 3 months
- Uric acid > 8 mg%
- Negative pregnancy test < or =to 2 weeks and efficient contraceptive method.
- Negative HIV serology < or =to 4 weeks
- Patient or legal guardian has signed a written informed consent
- Hypersensitivity to uricases or any of the excipients
- Known history of G6PD deficiency.
- Previous treatment with Rasburicase or Uricozyme®
- Pregnancy or lactation
- Treatment with any investigational drug within 30 days before planned first