The purpose of this study is to determine the Objective Response Rate of KOS-1584, as a
single agent in patients with stage IIIB/IV NSCLC whose disease has progressed following
- Histologically or cytologically proven NSCLC, Stage IIIB or Stage IV.
- Eligible patients must have received only one prior chemotherapy regime for Stage
- Good performance status.
- Prior treatment with an epothilone.
- Known central nervous system (CNS) metastases.
- Any chemotherapy, radiation therapy or immunotherapy or any investigational agent
(therapeutic or diagnostic) within 3 weeks prior to first study drug administration.