CP-945,598 is eliminated primarily by enzyme CYP3A. Grapefruit juice may affect the activity
of CYP3A and alter the amount of CP-945,598 in the blood. This study will therefore compare
the time course of drug concentrations in the body, safety and tolerability of CP-945,598
given with or without grapefruit juice in healthy obese/overweight subjects.
1. Healthy male and female subjects between the ages of 18 and 55 years.
2. Body Mass Index (BMI) of 27 to 40 kg/m2.
3. Willing and able to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plan, laboratory tests,
and other trial procedures.
- Non-prescribed use of drugs of abuse/ recreational drugs;
- Recent treatment with experimental drugs or herbal experiments;
- EKG and blood pressure parameters falling outside of protocol-specified limits;
- History of regular alcohol or tobacco use exceeding protocol-specified limits;
grapefruit juice intolerance.