The Polyflux HD-C4 (Gambro Renal Products) is a new dialyzer based on the existing Polyflux
H membrane and dialyzer technology, but which achieves a performance comparable to Polyflux
210H in a significantly smaller device.
The objectives of this study are:
1. To compare and contrast small and large molecule removal by the Polyflux HD-C4 and
Polyflux 210H dialyzers under conditions of routine hemodialysis; and,
2. To compare and contrast the ease of use of the Polyflux HD-C4 dialyzer with that of the
Polyflux 210H under conditions of routine clinical use for hemodialysis.
- Adults 18 years of age or older
- Stable hemodialysis prescription using Polyflux 210H or Polyflux 21R for at least 2
months prior to study enrollment
- Dialyzing through a native fistula or Gore-Tex graft.
- Blood access must be able to provide a blood flow rate of 400 ml/min.
- Non-compliance with dialysis
- Hematocrit less than 28%
- Active Infection