RATIONALE: New diagnostic procedures, such as vibro-acoustography imaging, may be an
effective method of finding microcalcifications and lesions in the breast.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying how well vibro-acoustography imaging works in
finding breast microcalcifications and lesions in women.
- To further develop a new method of in vivo imaging of the breast using
vibro-acoustography (VA) imaging.
- To demonstrate and evaluate the capability of VA imaging in detecting
microcalcifications and lesions inside the human breast.
OUTLINE: Participants undergo vibro-acoustography (VA) imaging of the breast using
ultrasonography over 90 minutes. Participants may also undergo further imaging using
- Meets one of the following criteria:
- Healthy participant
- Proven microcalcifications and/or lesions in the breast
- Hormone status not specified
- Menopausal status not specified
- Not pregnant or nursing
- No condition that does not allow proper use of study imaging devices
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- Not specified