The purpose of this study is to learn more about how a new study agent works inside the
body. This study agent is a protein called 68Ga-F(ab')2-trastuzumab fragments (HERScan).
This is a radioactive tracer that was developed at MSKCC to target the HER2 protein on
cancer cells. By giving this tracer to patients whose cancers have the HER2 protein, we hope
to be able to see the level of HER2 on the cancer cells using PET scanning.
- Registered patient at MSKCC
- Age ≥ or = to 18 years
- Patients with invasive solid tumors.
- Measurable or evaluable disease
- Patients must have had routine disease staging studies with CT scan, FDG PET/CT scan,
bone scan and/or MRI within 8 weeks of enrollment onto this trial
- Karnofsky Performance Score ≥ or = to 60
- Signed informed consent
- Claustrophobia/pain or any other disability leading to inability to lie still for the
duration of the scanning procedure.
- Pregnancy Test to be performed on female patients of childbearing potential within
24hrs before administration of radioactive material.
- Patients with known sensitivity or contraindication to Herceptin.
- Inability to provide written informed consent.