The purpose of this study is to evaluate patients with tibial plateau fractures. The goal is
to compare the differences between anteriorly placed (front of leg) femoral external fixator
pins and laterally placed (side of leg) femoral external fixator pins.
Specifically, we are evaluating how this placement affects the quadriceps muscle and knee
function. The parameters that will be assessed are knee function, pain, and range of motion.
- 18 years of age and above (adult population)
- All open and closed tibial plateau fractures
- 17 years of age and less (pediatric population)
- Quadriplegic patients
- Vascular Injury to Extremity
- Ipsilateral femur fractures
- Ipsilateral Hip fractures