GSK598809 is being developed as an innovative treatment for substance dependence and
potentially other compulsive behavioral disorders. This study will asses the effects of a
single dose of GSK598809 in modulating nicotine reward in 2 cohorts of otherwise healthy male
volunteers who smoke. Each cohort of subjects will receive a single dose of placebo or
GSK598809 in two dosing sessions binded crossover fashine. There will be a washout period of
at least seven days between each session.
- Healthy male smokers aged 18-65 with a desire to quit smoking.
- Body weight greater than 50kg and BMI within range 19 - 29.9 kg/m2
- Healthy with no significant medical, psychiatric or laboratory evaluation abnormality.
- Positive pre-study urine drug/breath alcohol screen: positive HIV 1/2, Hepatitis B or
Hepatitis C test at screening.
- History of alcohol/drug abuse or dependence (other than nicotine) within 12 months of
- History of psychiatric disorder or sensitivity to any of the study medications or
components thereof or a history of drug or allergy that in the opinion of the
physician responsible contraindicates their participation.
- History of cardiac or pulmonary disease/abnormalities.