The purpose of this study is to assess the weight loss effect of lorcaserin during and at the
end of 1 year of treatment in overweight and obese patients.
Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group assessment of the effects of
lorcaserin hydrochloride during 52 weeks of administration to overweight or obese male and
female volunteers aged 18 to 65 years inclusive.
- Overweight and/or obese men and women with a body mass index (BMI) 30 to 45 kg/m2 with
or without a comorbid condition (e.g., hypertension, dyslipidemia, CV disease, glucose
intolerance, sleep apnea), or 27 to 29.9 kg/m2 with at least one comorbid condition.
- Ability to complete a 1 year study
- Diabetes mellitus (type I, II or other)
- History of symptomatic heart valve disease
- Serious or unstable current or past medical conditions