Demonstrate the ability of the current interactive tutorial and 1-800 support to teach an
AMD patient to use the HMP device.
The pilot study purpose is to demonstrate that the tutorial which is a part of the device
software, is giving sufficient training for the intended users.
- Capable and willing to sign a consent form and participate in the study
- Subjects diagnosed as intermediate AMD in at least one eye
- Age >50 years
- VA with habitual correction >20/60 in the study eye
- Ability to speak, read and understand instructions in Hebrew
- Familiar with computer usage
- Evidence of macular disease other than AMD or glaucoma in the study eye
- Presence of any significant media opacity that precludes a clear view of the macular
area as identified in the study eye by biomicroscopy, CFP.
- Any non-macular related ocular surgery performed within 3 months prior to study entry
in the target eye
- Participation in another study with the exclusion of AREDS study
- Patients diagnosed with geographic atrophy (GA)