The objective of this study was to assess the bioequivalence of a potential generic
6-mercaptopurine 50 mg tablet formulation compared with GlaxoSmithKline Purinethol®
(mercaptopurine) 50-mg scored tablets following a single 50 mg oral dose administered in the
- No clinically significant abnormal findings on physical examination, medical history,
or clinical laboratory results.
- Must voluntarily consent.
- Must not have a known history of thiopurine methyltransferase deficiency or family
- Must not have a history of elevated uric acid or gout.
- Must not be currently using allopurinol.