Study Hypothesis: Clinical staging without laparotomy/splenectomy is adequate for children
and young adults with Hodgkin's disease who receive chemotherapy as a component of
- Age less than 21 years at diagnosis
- Previously untreated, pathologically confirmed diagnosis of Hodgkin's disease.
- Informed patient/parental consent as required by individual institution and in
accordance with the Dept of Health and Human Services
- Approval of this protocol by the individual institutional Human Subjects Review
- Indicate Hodgkin's disease clinical stage.
- Indicate presence or absence of "B" symptoms.
- For Stage I and II disease indicate the following:
- presence or absence of bulk disease
- number of involved nodal regions
- presence or absence of hilar adenopathy