The purpose of this prospective study is to measure the clinical effectiveness of EUS-guided
CB in subjects, 50 who have chronic pancreatitis and 50 who have pancreatic cancer, that are
already undergoing celiac block for clinical reasons.
- Patients with chronic abdominal pain from documented chronic pancreatitis or
pancreatic cancer or other visceral malignancy that are undergoing EUS-guided CB (for
purposes other than this study) will be eligible to participate in this study.
- Patients with chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer must have documented disease
by CT, ERCP, or EUS.
- No evidence of dementia or altered mental status that would prohibit the giving and
understanding of informed consent, and no evidence of psychiatric risk that would
preclude adequate compliance with this protocol.
- Patient must provide signed written informed consent
- Patients that have had a previous celiac plexus block are eligible for this study