The purpose of this study is to assess the effect of rimonabant treatment on the
histological features of NASH in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus and a diagnosis of NASH
- Excessive alcohol use
- Presence of Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Other chronic liver disease
- Previous or current hepatocellular carcinoma
- Use of medication known to cause steatosis
- Previous bariatric surgery
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Presence of any severe medical or psychological condition that, in the opinion of the
investigator, would compromise the patient's safe participation including
uncontrolled serious psychiatric illness such a major depression within the last 2
years, and history of other severe psychiatric disorders
The above information is not intended to contain all considerations relevant to a
patient's potential participation in a clinical trial.