The purpose of this research study is to look at concentrations of GSK189075 in blood when
single doses of the drug are taken by mouth in combination with basal insulin. The clinical
effects of the drug in combination with insulin on the body will also be studied. The results
will help determine doses of GSK189075 can be studied in the future in the type I diabetes
- Adult male/female, 18 to 55 years old
- Diagnosis of type 1 diabetes mellitus for at least 6 months; and using a continuous
- Willing and able to follow all study-related instructions provided by the site staff.
- Willing to provide signed informed consent.
- Pregnant or a nursing female.
- Have a past or current disease such as heart, liver, kidney, blood, brain, or other
- Have HIV or hepatitis, or have alcohol or drugs in your system at the screening visit.
- Have a history of alcohol abuse or have an eating disorder
- Have been in another research study in the last month or have taken certain
medications in the 1 week before study drug would be taken.