Evaluation of a new exercise machine designed to improve strength and speed of movement in
the leg muscles. Investigators are trying to learn whether a new training method results in
greater strength improvements as compared to a traditional method.
- able to exercise 3 times per week for 16 weeks at Mobility Research Center
- under- or overweight
- chronic disease that limits ability to exercise
- hips and legs limited by arthritis or pain
- presently engaged in a strenuous exercise program
- planned absence greater than one week.