Study of varenicline 2.0 mg/day treatment for 2 weeks with smoking test done in laboratory
on Day 8 and a 1 week quit attempt from Day 8-14.
- At least 10 cigarettes/day
- Interest in quitting smoking
- Willgness to comply with overnight smoking abbstiennce period followed by lab
- Axis I psychiatric disorder which require treatment with psychoactive medication and
would make study compliance difficult.
- Clinically significant medical condition in opinion of study clinician
- Drug or alcohol dependence inlast 12 months
- Use of other smoking cessation medications ot treatment progams in last 2 months