To assess the safety of FluMist vaccination
- To assess the safety of FluMist vaccination Rates of medically attended events in
FluMist recipients, including serious adverse events (SAEs), anaphylaxis , urticaria,
asthma, wheezing, pre-specified grouped diagnoses, and rare events potentially related
to wild-type influenza, will be compared to rates in multiple non-randomized control
- To assess the safety of annual FluMist re-vaccination [Rates of MAEs in the subset of
children who receive FluMist in ≥2 consecutive years will be compared to rates in
first-time vaccinees during the same season.]
- To assess the safety of FluMist vaccination in children previously vaccinated with
trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV) [Rates of MAEs in the subset of children
who received one or more prior TIV vaccinations will be compared to rates in children
who did not receive prior TIV.]
- Age: born within the same calendar quarter as the reference FluMist vaccinee.
- Children who have evidence of medical conditions that put them at high risk for
complications of influenza (e.g., chronic cardiovascular and pulmonary disease) will
be excluded from this control group.