The objective of this randomized trial is to evaluate the effect of providing full
prescription drug coverage (i.e. no co-pays, co-insurance or deductibles) for statins,
beta-blockers, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers
to patients recently discharged from hospital after acute myocardial infarction.
- discharged alive from hospital after acute MI
- receive health services and prescription drug benefits through Aetna, Inc.
- enrollment in a Health Savings Account (HSA) plan
- age ≥ 65 years of age at the time of hospital discharge
- plan sponsor has opted out of participating in the study
- receive only medical services or pharmacy coverage but not both through Aetna
Niteesh K Choudhry, MD, PhD
Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School